#1His Handiwork......notice science



John Calvin wrote, "Every human being is "formed to be a spectator of the created world and given eyes that he might be led to its author..first [to] cast our eyes upon the very beautiful fabric of the world in which [God] wishes to be seen by us..As soon as we acknowledge God to be the supreme architect, who has erected the beauteous fabric of the universe, our minds must necessarily be ravished with wonder at His infinite goodness, wisdom and power."

"The answer to deep anxiety is the deep adoration of God.  And the greatest gift we can give our great God is to let His love make us glad."
Taken from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp

I love January.  The beauty of the earth at rest.  The making of a new earth, as we wait for spring and growth.  But growth comes while we are waiting, when it isn't visible.  When one part of our world is asleep, other parts are freed up to do art and create.  In that waiting and observing and creating, we are struck by wonder of what we actually see when we take the time to look.  The snow, the stars, the way the snow quiets the noise around you, is beautiful if you take the time to notice.  So much is happening as the earth spins on its axis and the days become longer and we hurtle through space.  The birds and the foxes are fed.  The sun rises and sets, everyday in a different light.

We are launching an new feature entitled His Handiwork.  In this feature, Meg Tillman, science teacher, will be writing on science facts that point to the Creator as all creation does by its very existence by design.  Below is our first installment.......

                                                        His Handiwork
Meg Tillman

You have around 7 billion billion billion atoms in your body, yet you replace about 98% of them every year!

from
http://chemistry.about.com/od/atomicstructure/fl/10-Atom-Facts.htm


I think about this when I’m out walking my dog. Every breath in . . . every breath out.  Whenever I sit down for a meal. Every spoonful in . . . every “spoonful” out… well, you know.  My physical body is literally being recreated each day.  In one year I am reborn.  My body at the beginning of 2015 is different “stuff” than it was at the start of 2014.  If this is true of the atoms, molecules and matter that God designed as my physical body, what about my true self, my spiritual being?  Is my inner being also being recreated on a daily and annual basis? What thoughts are entering my mind and shaping who I am?  What am I repenting, asking God to take out of my life?  As I read the Word, memorize Psalms, meditate, and pray is God recreating me, transforming me?  Or am I allowing other thoughts, images, and voices into my life that clutter my soul?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Prayer- Conversing with God using art

Session #4 of Creative Prayer..Praying with the Body and Making Crosses

Creative Prayer Workshop #3 Paint Your Heart Out! Painting your emotions